Whether it be a young person who is transitioning into the adult world of disability services, or an adult who wants to create a stronger vision for their life plan, Charting the LifeCourse (CtLC) tools are helpful and easy to use.
The Charting the LifeCourse framework was created to help individuals and families of all abilities and all ages to:
- create a vision for a good life,
- think about what they need to know and do,
- identify how to find or develop supports,
- and discover what it takes to live the lives they want to live.
By using the CtLC tools, people in planning stages of life will be able to discuss, research, debate, question and collaborate. This will help the person with lived experience to express their dreams and begin living a life that reflects their vision.
Charting the LifeCourse tools can be used for:
- the Individualized Education Planning (IEP),
- design a student’s education and transition into adulthood plan,
- to direct the Individual Support Planning (ISP) that is used by Support Coordinators.
Whether using the CtLC tools to plan for the youth or adult worlds of services and supports, the person’s preferences and goals should be the focus of the planning development. CtLC tools are also used for solving problems and accessing the resources needed to meet the person’s preferences and needs.
We have shared our favorite CtLC tool called “Life Domain Vision Tool” in this blog to help youth, families and adults to start using it today. This will support efforts to design a person’s dream life. This tool can be used by the person, their family and/or support team to guide a person’s life vision and assist with planning for their future.